Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Yes.

I really liked Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The plot is simple (but at least there is one), the humor is smart and goofy at the same time, and the performances are irrelevant.

Let's just get it out in the open so that it never has to be mentioned again... Michael Cera will never play a different character. Doesn't that feel good? Now, no one will ever have to be upset or surprised that he keeps playing the same character in every movie. I know it may seem hypocritical since I often complain about the likes of Nicholas Cage, Ben Stiller and Jack Black who also have made a career of playing the same role in whatever situations the new film they're in calls for. I guess what it ultimately boils down to is, "Do you like the character?" When it comes to Michael Cera, the answer for me is, "Yes... for now."

The movie as a whole, however, is just frenetic fun. It's visually exciting, aurally engrossing and intellectually numbing. It's tailor-made for people suffering from attention deficit disorder in that there are no (or very few) scene transitions. A characters will be in one scene talking with one person and once the point of the conversations is made clear to the viewer, the background behind the character will change mid-sentence and the same character will be in an entirely different location talking to different characters who have no idea what he's talking about.

While it may sound overwhelming, it's not and if you want to submerse yourself in crazy for a couple of hours I strongly recommend Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

No comments: