Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes... but it was a close call.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall has a lot of things going for it. The characters are great and their reactions to the things that are going on are realistic, and therefore funny. All I kept hearing about the movie was how funny it was and that there was full frontal male nudity. I wish I could go back in time and see the movie not knowing about the nudity because I want to know if the shock value would have made it feel less forced. It was unnecessary and, really, not that funny.

Now that I think about it there were several gags in the movie that seemed forced. The restaurant host that had a man crush on the rock star was kinda forced. The Dracula musical puppet show storyline was just kinda thrown in there and stuck out like a sore thumb.

There are a few reasons that I really liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The spoof of the crime show that Sarah Marshall starred in was hysterrical as was every scene that Paul Rudd was in. The other reason is, as I said earlier, the characters... Typically in a romantic comedy, you are meant to HATE the antagonist. Not here... there is a moment in the middle of the movie that you actually begin to understand and feel bad for Sarah Marshall and her eccentric rockstar boyfriend. Mila Kunis's character is perfect, but you can still understand why Peter is conflicted when it comes time to make the inevitable decision between staying with her or going back to Sarah.

Overall, I'd say that this is a major step down from Superbad and Knocked Up, but it's still a very funny addition to Judd Apatow's comedy empire.

No comments: