Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Smart People

Nah.

Smart People isn't really about anything. There's a lot of things happening, a lot of ridiculously unrealistic dialogue, a surprising amount of beastiality (Sarah Jessica Parker = horse), but there's no real plot. The characters all have things going on, but they never amount to anything as far as this movie is concerned.

Please don't let the fact that Ellen Page is in a movie trick you into seeing it. Diablo Cody's screenplay for Juno was genuine; Mark Jude Poirier's screenplay shows such pomposity that you actually begin to question how smart he is. It actually reminded me of a scene in an episode of Friends... stick with me here... Monica and Chandler wanted to adopt a baby, i think, and Joey writes a recommendation letter to the agency...

Monica: It doesn't make any sense.
Joey: Of course it does. It's smart! I used a thesaurus!
Chandler: On every word?
Joey: Yep.
Monica: All right, what was this sentence, originally?
Joey: Oh. "They're warm, nice people with big hearts."
Chandler: And that became, "They're humid, pre-possessing homosapiens with full-sized aortic pumps"?

... you see what I'm getting at? I'll admit to using a thesaurus to spruce up my writing every once in a while. I'll even sometimes throw in a big word that I actually know just to prove that I know big words and can use them in sentences... it makes me feel good about myself. People don't talk like that all the time, though... not even "smart people".

No comments: