Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

The International

No, I don't think you should pay to see this one, either.

It hasn't been a great year for movies. Of the 9 I've seen so far, I've only mildly recommended one. I had to leave the theatre during The International a few times for various reasons and I do feel like I missed some important plot points, but I wasn't necessarily confused and I don't think I would have liked it more had I seen the whole thing straight through.

What bothered me the most was the ending. It just kind of ended. Like in Quarantine, the end of the movie is clearly depicted in the trailer, it's extraordinarily anti-climactic and then they open it up for a sequel; so there's really no resolution, even to the immediate threat.

I know I've been harsh lately and if anyone at the movie studios is reading (::chuckles quietly to self::), I really think you should be more brave and start releasing some Oscar caliber films earlier in the year. There are plenty of people who would go to a good movie, but don't have the time or funds to see so many at such a concentrated level at the end of the year. If a film really is the best picture of the year, it won't matter when it comes out in theatres... plus, you can always re-release it in December.

No comments: