Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Kick-Ass

Yes.

I think that, as a rule, I need to keep my expectations lower. When I saw Kick-Ass for the first time, I liked it, but I still felt that there was something missing. The characters aren't all that compelling and there didn't really seem to be all that much of a viable plot. Since that initial viewing, however, I've had to opportunity to rewatch several parts of the movie and I think I know what the problem is. This movie shouldn't have been called Kick-Ass...

... So here is my review of Hit Girl. Fucking awesome.

Let's be clear. This movie is a hard "R". It's bloody, violent, and vulgar, but those aren't even the reasons, in my opinion for the rating. There's drug-use and outdoor sex (by teens) and murder (by a pre-teen), not to mention the strong possibility of idiotic kids copying the ideas in the movie and trying to go out and fight crime. As an adult, I can tell you that, yes, those aspects of the movie made it what it was. If it were PG-13 it would absolutely NOT have been as good. The action scenes are intense and exciting and the dialogue is fun, however, Red Mist was horribly miscast and as always, I hate Nicholas Cage (although not as much in this movie as I usually do).

So is Kick-Ass kick-ass? Shit yeah.

No comments: