Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief

Yes...

I was told that I would enjoy Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief more if I left my brain at the door. I tried... I popped my brain right out (it has to be easily removable these days with all of the mind-numbing entertainment that's passing for Oscar-worthy films.) It wasn't long before I had to put it back in because there were just sooo many questions. "How shitty of a god does a god have to be to have his power stolen from him?" This question became even more perplexing when I found out who had stolen it. "If a mysterious black cloud begins forming over Europe, how would anyone be able to predict that it's final destination is America?" and the most baffling of them all: "Why do studios keep letting Chris Columbus direct movies when he fairly consistently ruins them?"

The writing and direction leave absolutely NOTHING up to your imagination. Every mysterious aspect of the story and the world they live in is explained immediately after the question is raised.

The kids in this movie were good, as were the special effects and it's for those reasons along with the hope of a new director on future installments that I'm recommending Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Just ask someone who is going to see Shutter Island to hold your brain for you so that you won't be tempted to think at all during the movie... besides, they may need the extra brain power.

No comments: