Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster*

Yes.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster was released in theatres on 5/30/08 and on DVD on 9/30/08.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster examines the steroid use of the director and his two brothers who all grew up idolizing Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hulk Hogan, and Sylvester Stallone.

Beyond the basic issue of anabolic steroid use, Bigger, Stronger, Faster* examines the lack of consistency in how America views drugs, cheating, and the lengths people go to achieve success. This includes looking beyond the steroid issue to such topics as laser eye correction, use of anxiety reducing drugs, and cortisone shots; a legal steroid.

The issue of steroid use in sports is one that has absolutely no effect on me. I don't participate in any sports nor do I bet on them. I couldn't care less about the health ramifications of steroid use because steroids are not in any way a part of my life. Yet, for some reason, I was totally enthralled with this movie. Maybe it's the principal of the matter. The lack of evidence that steroids is harmful was interesting to me as was the plethora of legal performance enhancing techniques that students, musicians, and athletes use to win win win (Beta Blockers, Adderol, Cortisone).

The movie takes a long hard look at the American way of life and how everyone needs to be Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Better, and Smarter. The director, while admitting that all drugs are dangerous (including alcohol and tobacco), examines the hypocrisy of singling out anabolic steroids as a performance enhancing drug when there are other perfectly legal ways of un-leveling the playing field in your favor other than developing your natural talent. It is a well made, personal examination of how the American way of life affects us all.

No comments: