Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

The Express

There really isn't anything that makes The Express stand out from the crowd of inspirational sports movies. So I'm go ahead and say no...

Note: If you are unfamiliar with the story of Ernie Davis, there are spoilers in this review... it is based on a true story though so I really didn't bother censoring myself as far as the plot is concerned.

... That being said, with the exception of a few flaws, The Express is a very good movie. If you feel like paying $10 plus snacks and gas to go see Remember the Titans 2, then there is little I can say to convince you not to. The only issue I have with the movie... that I didn't even think of until someone else mentioned it to me... is the fact that they show Davis' college football career through his sophomore year and then they flash to 2 years later when he wins the Heisman Trophy. They didn't show what he did in those two years to warrant the award.

It was also a little too long. I actually forgot that it was a biopic until after the Cotton Bowl, when I thought the movie was going to end... and it didn't. It went on for like 20-30 more minutes and the movie ended quite anticlimactically.

It was well made for the most part. For some reason Dennis Quaid does his best Jack Nicholson impersonation for his first couple of scenes. After that he is pretty good as it the rest of the cast throughout. If you're going the the movies anyway then you might as well see The Express, but don't go out of your way.

No comments: