Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nah...

As much as I enjoyed it, I can't suggest that you go spend $10 on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It's a funny, sweet movie and if you're between the ages of 16 and 20 or want to revisit that age, or if you're big into the New York indie rock scene, it might actually be worth the money. If you don't fit into any of those categories my suggestion is that you wait until it's on DVD.

Even at 89 minutes it feels like it could have been cut down. The leads are perfectly cast, except for one extremely awkward scene where Michael Cera needed to be confident and Kat Dennings needed to be vulnerable. The actors didn't pull off the emotions and the scene was unnecessary anyway. If they had cut that scene out entirely the movie would have worked better as a whole.

The music left a lot to be desired, too. I just didn't feel like the songs, with the exception of one, symbolized what was happening in the movie... which is a concept implied by the movie's title. I almost expected it to be a musical without the singing and dancing; meaning that the songs would represent exactly what was happening in the movie and that the music would be at the forefront not just a constant "music-bed" underneath the actions of the characters.

What could have been an excellent movie turned into a better than average romantic comedy for a younger crowd. Since it succeeds at that, I can recommend Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist as a rental, but not as a trip to the theatre.

No comments: