Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Monsters vs. Aliens

Yes.

I saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D and ::shrugs:: ... it was good. It's definitely entertaining; it's funny, colorful, exciting... i don't know, this movie is either just OK, or is another victim of my apparent increase in standards.

Last year was a GREAT year for movies. Even with regards to animated films... WALL-E, Kung Fu Panda, and Horton Hears a Who were all all sharp, colorful films that were deserving of recognition. I think with regards to overall entertainment value, Monsters vs. Aliens is better than Horton and not quite as good as Kung Fu Panda.

Once again Dreamworks has assembled a stellar voice cast. They put big name actors/actresses in virtually every role, including the minor... even one-line characters. Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett, Keifer Sutherland, Rainn Wilson, Stephen Colbert, Paul Rudd, Jeffrey Tambor, Amy Poehler, Ed Helms, Renee Zellweger, and John Krasinski all provide voice talent even though there are really only 5 or 6 main roles. The leads are all effective and the supporting cast keeps you guessing, trying to figure out who's speaking the dialogue.

The animation is state of the art and the writing is good, Monsters vs. Aliens was entertaining and is definitely worth the 10-12 bucks, but don't get all hyped up... its just good, not great.

No comments: