Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

State of Play

No.

I feel like I've been a little harsh lately. I haven't been able to recommend many films this year and I'm not sure why other than the fact that all of the movies that have been released lately have been mediocre at best and I'm pretty tired of the crap. I went into State of Play looking for reasons to recommend it in an effort to break the trend. I really couldn't find anything.

The biggest problem with the movie was the casting. I hate Russell Crowe. I've hated him since he won an Oscar for Gladiator. Rachel McAdams and Helen Mirren both seemed out of place... but the biggest hurdle to get past was Ben Affleck. His performance might have actually been OK... if he wasn't Ben Affleck. I just couldn't get past the fact that he was Ben Affleck.

The other problem was the twist. I won't say what it is, but I will say that I knew the twist from the trailers. Obvious twists aren't always bad, but it was the "why" that made me angry. There was NO WAY that anyone could have figured out what happened and why based on the clues that Crowe and McAdams uncover during the movie. It's not until Crowe has an epiphany at the end of the movie that we understand why what happened happened.

I wanted to like State of Play, but couldn't. I don't think you will either.

No comments: