Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

::sigh:: This is difficult. There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just get it over with... No.

Here are the two worst parts about the fact that I didn't like X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

1. I had very low expectations. I can only imagine how anyone will feel if they had high hopes for this.

2. My biggest fear about why I wouldn't like it actually DIDN'T come true. I was afraid, as I am with all prequels since the Star Wars debacle, that there would be things in this movie that contradicted plot points in X-Men and X2 (I couldn't care less about X-Men: The Last Stand). To my pleasant surprise, it didn't. You can actually watch Wolverine, then X-Men, and X2 and have everything make sense.

Unfortunately, the correct information was packaged along with a mess of some of the worst special effects I've seen in a summer blockbuster since Van Helsing, some Van Helsingesque plot points that immediately put the movies reality-based feel at risk, too many extraneous scenes that good superhero movies like the first two X-Men movies and the latest Batman movies were able to avoid (And BTW, IMO with such a short running time as 97 minutes, there should be no opportunity for unnecessary scenes), and an arbitrary collection of mutants that could have been interchanged with any other mutant in Marvel's arsenal. For example, Gambit could have been anyone, the fact that it was Gambit had no impact on the path that Wolverine was on.

While they were careful to not contradict the previous installments, Wolverine was a substandard, poorly structured, sloppy attempt at continuing the franchise. I didn't hate it, but I was disappointed and my expectations were already low.

No comments: