Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

Ech, review coming soon...

(I'm leaving the comment above on purpose because I wanted to make sure that everyone will be shocked, as I clearly am, about what I'm about to say...)

Yes?

Well, really no... There are two reasons that I'm tempted to recommend Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (GoGP). First, it has low expectations going for it. I'm pretty sure everyone expects it to fail and therefore will be pleasantly surprised when it actually doesn't. Second, of the two wide release movies that started off the busy summer season, GoGP was the more enjoyable film.

It's tough to go wrong when you steal from Dickens. The structure is, scene for scene, an interpretation of A Christmas Carol. Charles Dickens may be spinning in his grave, but he'd be happy to know the restraint that McConaughey showed as he was able to keep his shirt on for, wait for it... the first full hour of the movie!!! It might be a record.

Was GoGP a stupid, predictable chick flick? Yes, and ultimately, no, you should not pay to see this movie. But, for the record, it really isn't as bad as you might think.

No comments: