Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Adventureland

Yes.

Adventureland was released in theatres on 4/3/09 and on DVD and Blu-ray on 8/25/09.

Adventureland suffered severely from poor marketingitis. Yes, this is a quirky indie flick, but the ad campaign screamed Superbad. The ads showed the funny moments in the movie but none of the drama... and let's be clear, this is a funny drama, not a serious comedy. In fact, I think the movies only real flaw (for what it was trying to be) is the casting of Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig as the park's managers. Maybe it wasn't the casting, so much as it was just the existence of the characters that messed up the movie. They were overly goofy and completely out of place.

Flawed though it may be, Adventureland is a fun nostalgia trip worth taking.

No comments: