Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Green Zone

Yes. Green Zone is intense from the opening scene until the very end.

In past years, the political-war-conspiracy movies have left much to be desired. Shooter, Body of Lies, and The Kingdom are some examples of movies that had potential, but for one reason or another, just didn't fit the bill. I strongly believe that one of the major reasons Green Zone was a success and the others weren't (in my opinion) is the cast. The affore mentioned films relied on the performances of Mark Wahlberg, Danny Glover and Kate Mara - Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe - and Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, and Chris Cooper. I know what you're thinking and I'll get to that in a moment, but in the mean time, you have to admit that the majority of these casts are severely lacking the believability factor. As for you're concern: I think the problem with Body of Lies was that it had too much star power. One of the two roles should have been played by a lesser star. As much as I HATE Russell Crowe, my feeling is that DiCaprio's role in that movie should have been portrayed by someone with less star power... like Ryan Reynolds, Channing Tatum or Sam Worthington. Matt Damon is the strong lead in Green Zone and he is supported by Greg Kinnear, Amy Ryan and Brendan Gleeson who put forth subtle, yet strong/convincing performances.

The way the movie mixes fact and fiction was also kind of fun. Unfortunately, there will be some idiot liberals who think that this movie proves something and asshole Republicans who try to claim that the movie is a liberal conspiracy to convince people... I don't know what. The fact of the matter is that it is a work of fiction, but it fits into history as a possible scenario that led to the situation in Iraq.

Green Zone isn't getting rave reviews from critics, but if you are looking for a popcorn movie that makes you feel smart, then check out Green Zone.

No comments: