Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Wanted

Wow... Yes.

What a weekend. There's literally something new for everyone and it's all quality. Wanted is something that the American movie going public needed. I'm trying to remember the last really good R rated action movie. True Lies, Terminator 2, Die Hard with a Vengeance? A movie that's not afraid to show the result of violence... blood and death and onlookers exclaiming with actual profanity. Oh, look at that... it's time for a rant...

Why is it that kids are allowed to see violence that doesn't result in blood and death? If we're so concerned about kids accidentally, or purposefully injuring themselves or others, why don't we allow them to see the actual result of guns and knives. I truly believe that it's possible, that if young adults were exposed to violence such as in Saving Private Ryan at a younger age, that they might learn to fear violence as opposed to thinking it's cool like in the Bond and Bourne franchises, in which people can dodge bullets (or if they do get hit, there's no blood and little pain).

That being said, this movie is definitely not for kids. Not because of the blood and death, but more because of the Loom of Fate. Yes, I said it... it's a loom... with the gift of foresight. I just don't think it's a good idea for our impressionable youth to think it's OK to kill anyone that a hand-operated or power-driven apparatus for weaving fabrics tells them to kill.

Wanted is a ridiculous, well written, acted and stylishly directed actioner. It's a fast-paced, high octane edge of your seat thrill ride that is more than just mindless fun...

"Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?" - The Oracle

P.S. The main character of Wanted can go fuck himself. We can't all be super assassins and he shouldn't be so judgemental.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a action film in years that satisfied me more than this one. While the story is definitely flawed I can watch it more than once and not get bored.A big surprise to me cause I had a feeling this movie was going to suck big balls.