Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Angels & Demons

No.

I wrote no... then I thought about it and I wrote Yes... then I thought about it some more and I decided on No.

I guess it really boils down to whether or not you like these specialized scavenger hunts. National Treasure is Indiana Jones for American history and The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons is Indiana Jones for religion. I have a serious problem with a movie that has a character giving what should be an hour long lecture to another character as they're driving at 80 miles an hour through crowded streets in order to educate the audience. If it happened once, I might have overlooked it... it was the entire movie. I also have concerns about a Harvard symbology professor that can't translate Latin or Italian. I take issue with an evil plot that's entirely reliant on events and decisions that are completely out of the masterminds hands.

After reading what I wrote above, I can't believe I was so hesitant to say "No, you should absolutely NOT see Angels & Demons." I mean it was light years better than The Da Vinci Code in that it was a much more fast paced adventure.

I guess your beliefs will play a strong role in whether or not you care about the final outcome. At some point in the movie someone says that "the modern world is threatening the ancient traditions" of the Catholic church, I, however, believe that the opposite is true. The fact that there are otherwise rational people making irrational and irresponsible decisions in order to uphold ancient traditions is absolutely mind blowing.

Angels & Demons id a fast-paced thriller with puzzles that are impossible for the audience to solve unless you are, apparently, a Harvard symbology teacher. If that interests you then by all means...

No comments: