Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

The Hangover

Yes. The Hangover is at least as funny as the trailer makes it out to be.

Consistently funny from beginning to end but never particularly heartwarming, The Hangover doesn't possess the "heart of gold" that The 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, and I Love You Man, had; though in this case it isn't a bad thing. It's a raucous, raunchy, adventure-mystery-comedy that, as wacky and wild as the plot gets, never goes too far.

The Hangover belongs in the same comedy sub-genre as Pineapple Express and Observe and Report, and by those standards, this movie is Citizen Kane. The action sequences are realistic and they are funny because of the the story preceding them, not as a result of quirky dialogue or over-the-top, unrealistic stunts.

The acting is solid throughout. The three main characters are portrayed by some of Hollywood's most grossly under-used talent and they all played the roles perfectly. Surprisingly, Mike Tyson was able to portray himself convincingly... maybe it's just the low expectations I had for him. Some people just can't act naturally in front of a camera. They don't know how to walk like themselves or what to do with their hands. Mike Tyson isn't one of those people.

If you want to have a genuinely fun time at the movies this week without being bogged down with too much story or emotion, you have two choices... Drag Me to Hell or The Hangover. Fun.

No comments: