Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

No.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans was released in theatres on 1/23/09 and on DVD and Blu-ray on 5/12/09.
I have to say, if they had started off the franchise with this movie instead of adding it as a prequel, I may have been more interested in the sequels. I hated the original and the sequel was even worse. This prequel actually could have been good if they had given it a chance, but the filmmakers really had no faith in it at all... and it shows.
It's really just another Romeo and Juliet story except Romeo is a werewolf and Juliet is a vampire. The performances were fine and the dialogue was as expected. Where the movie was severely lacking, was in the special effects and make-up... or lack there of. The special effects were TERRIBLE and instead of using fake blood the used CG blood, almost every time. Part of the problem with making such a dark movie, I would think, would be the fact that it's difficult to see blood in such a dark environment. But they wanted it to be bloody. So they animated it. It looked like a cartoon.
If you liked the first two Underworld movies, then you might like this one. I really didn't think it was as bad as the first two... but it wasn't good.

No comments: