Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Doomsday

No.

This really falls into the middle category (between "yes" and "no") of "if you're into this kind of thing...". I really can't recommend this to anyone who wants for a recomendation for a good movie. If you just want to have a good time, and you're into post-apocalyptic style blood-baths, rent it. There is nothing about this movie that makes the theatre experience necessary.

I haven't seen Mad Max, but I imagine that Doomsday is comparable. There are no twists or turns, the characters expect to be in harms way when they go in, and they are. Everything is spelled out for us from the get and everything goes as planned if not for a few bumps along the way.

The only interesting aspect of the movie is the "theme" of the two different societies that are formed once they lose all connection with their government and the outside world. One group of survivors centers their way of life around the British punkrock culture and the other reverts back to feudal times building their new villages around castles. If this seems lame to you, you're not alone. I realize that I'm digging.

No comments: