Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Funny Games

YES!!!

I really don't know what to write. This movie is beyond strange. It is the darkest comedy I've ever seen. I seriously recommend watching Very Bad Things and American Psycho before viewing Funny Games. If you don't like those two movies, you probably will not enjoy this one, because the games? Not so funny.

This movie is flat out creepy. It's bizarre from beginning to end. Awkward. The creepiness is provided generously by Michael Pitt and Brady Corbet who's pure evil characters thoroughly enjoy the pain and torture that they so very politely inflict on their hostages. It gets even eerier when they begin including us in their sadistic games.

"Why don't you just kill us?"
"You shouldn't forget the importance of entertainment."

The suspense is palpable and you will laugh to break the tension... you will also laugh because it's funny... then you'll question your sanity. There are plenty of boring moments. I mean, at some points in the movie it's like watching a cell phone dry. During those boring moments, however, you are constantly looking over the victims' shoulders.

This is a sick, twisted, bloody, funny, uncomfortable, bizarre film... I think I loved it and I think I want to see it again. Now I'm gonna go get something to eat.

No comments: