Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Stop-Loss

Yeah.

It's not anti-war. Some of the characters are anti-war, but the movie doesn't come off as a diatribe on "where we went wrong" or "what we're really doing over there." It's actually more of a pro-troop movie... and who isn't "pro-troop" (besides the Westboro Baptist church)?

The acting is adequate. The cast and director do a good job showing why soldiers do what they do, the brotherhood that develops within the squad and the psychological impact that war can have on a soldier.

This movie isn't "based on a true story". If it's accurate... if soldiers are being forced into a second, third, and fourth tour just because there aren't enough volunteers to take their place, that's troubling. On the other hand, the film may be provoking the issue. If I were considering a career in the military as a means to get an education, or for any reason, and then I saw this movie and I found out that I may be forced to extend my contract with the U.S. government, I would be less likely to enlist. Putting this story out there may be inadvertently creating more stories just like it.

UPDATE - So, I was at work and this guy came into the theatre in full military uniform. I assumed he was there to see Stop-Loss, but what I didn't assume is that he had just returned home Afghanistan, thinking he was done, only to find out that he had been stop-lossed. He is going to Iraq next month. It just kinda made the whole thing real. Plus "If it's accurate..." can be removed from the statement in the last paragraph. It's accurate.

No comments: