Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

The Other Boleyn Girl

Yeah, if you loved the book (I didn't read it)... and even then, wait until it's on cable.

I struggled with this one at every point on my "Other Boleyn Girl adventure". I really wanted to see something, but I had worked all day and knew that if I went home, I wouldn't be going back out. So, I decided to stay at work and watch something that we were showing there. The issue is that, because of timing, my choices were The Other Boleyn Girl or Step Up 2 the Streets. The struggle, as it turns out, was choosing between going home and watching Boleyn.

I chose to watch the movie and even while I was watching it I struggled. This time with whether I should stay; continue watching the movie or go home. I decided to stay.

Now I'm home. And I'm struggling again. I'm struggling because I don't really remember much about the movie. And it's not my fault... it's the movies fault. Nothing stands out, good or bad. Not the acting, not the directing, not the cinematography, score, or costumes. The whole thing was just average. Underneath all of the unimpressive film making was really just a 16th century edition of Maury Povitch or Jerry Springer.

At the end of it all, after all Anne did, the betrayal and the deceit, we're meant to feel bad for her; as indicated by the lush swell of music as the axe falls. (This is a historical drama, folks... you should know what happens.)

See it if you want to, but don't expect to be blown away by anything.

No comments: