Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

College

No.

I feel bad for kids going off to college this year. Throughout the years there have been quite a few movies about graduation/summer before college. Superbad, Accepted, American Pie, American Pie 2, Can't Hardly Wait, etc. All of the above are infinitely better than College.

College wants to be Superbad just as much as, if not more than Drillbit Taylor. The three kids fit the descriptions of Seth, Evan and McLovin and they have essentially the same personality traits.

The frat guys at the college are over-the-top and contradictory. As a joke, they send our "heroes" to an all frat party without telling them that it's an all gay frat house and then proceed to haze them in one of the most homoerotic party scenes I've ever seen. It actually made me a bit uncomfortable.

To exact revenge on said frat guys the three main characters turn into the illegitimate love child of Kevin McCallister and MacGyver. They put glue on the toilet seat, they release diarhetic pigs in the house and set off the fire sprinklers which they've rigged to spray beer all over the house. All this in one night while everyone in the fraternity house is sleeping.

Obviously, the movie is ridiculous, the acting is horrible, and the dialogue is silly. There are plenty of alternatives to choose from, and I encourage you to do so... stay away from College at all costs.

Alternatives to College: American Pie, Can't Hardly Wait, Animal House, 10 Things I Hate About You.

No comments: