Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

Yes.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day was released in theatres on 3/7/08 and on DVD on 8/19/08.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day is nothing if not for Amy Adams and Frances McDormand. I realize that that may sound like a bad thing, but it's not intended to. The movie is endearing in it's simplicity. The 92 minute running time seems to fly by because there are no heavy subplots. Characters are developed through the actions that make up the plot. We learn enough about them in the moments after they are introduced to become emotionally invested enough to care about the outcome of their situations.

Amy Adams is bright and bubbly as always, yet she is talented enough to distinguish this bubbly role from her last two bubbly roles (Enchanted, Junebug). As much as I enjoyed her performances in those movies, I'd like to see her in something a little darker... just to see if she can do it. Frances McDormand is subtle and vibrant at the same time. Miss Pettigrew is a brash, old-fashioned, opinionated, yet, completely insecure woman who, while helping Delysia (Adams) learn that "love is not a game", finds love for herself. When a movie is released that I have absolutely no desire to see, as soon as I find out that McDormand is in it, my expectations go up a little bit. Her understated performances are the kind that keep you thinking about them long after the movie has ended.

The movie itself is just "nice". The story is nice, the music is nice, the sets are nice... Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day is a really nice movie.

No comments: