Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Step Brothers

No.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's rare to see a comedy that doesn't make you laugh at least once and I do remember laughing during Step Brothers. I just don't remember exactly what happened that made me laugh.

John C. Reilly was nominated for an Oscar. He's actually a pretty talented actor, I don't know what happened. He was in Casualties of War, Days of Thunder, Hoffa, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Boogie Nights, The Thin Red Line, Magnolia, The Perfect Storm, The Good Girl, Chicago, and The Aviator. Tallageda Nights was a gateway drug and it's been downhill ever since. Someone needs to organize an intervention for him and get him off whatever happy pills Will Ferrell has been slipping him.

Will Ferrell is a fucking cock-tease (and I mean that in the most hetero way possible). He has been making crap movies forever and then he goes and makes Winter Passing, Melinda and Melinda, and Stranger than Fiction. I get all excited because I LOVE Will Ferrell in serious roles. Then he stops doing them. I'm going to call him Jim Carrey from now on.

Step Brothers has one joke in it: they're children in grown-up bodies. Their parents are enablers and while I'm almost 30 and still living at home, at least I'm mature enough to recognize how pathetic it is. These two buffoons think it's OK... that's the gag... drawn out for an hour and 45 minutes. I can't imagine that there is anyone in the world like these two characters, but the only characters more pathetic that Dale and Brennen, are their parents. How do you wait until your kid is 40-years old to insist that they grow up, get a job. These are the worst (clean and sober) parents ever put on film.

If you haven't seen Step Brothers already then you probably have no desire to see it anyway, but for your own sake, don't rent it when it's on DVD.

Alternatives to Step Brothers: The 40-Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Wedding Crashers.

No comments: