Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

No...

... that is to say, No, you should not pay to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. If you have some kind of a free pass, by all means, enjoy. If you wait and watch it on television, even better. It's definitely not worth $10 though.

Mall Cop is a one joke movie. Almost every gag in the film is rooted in some variation on the theme: Paul Blart is fat and pathetic. It's funny for the first 10 minutes and then the funny fat jokes are few and far between. I did laugh out loud during the bar scene, though.

I was actually kind of preoccupied for a lot of the movie trying to understand why this movie was released in January. The whole movie takes place around Thanksgiving with the majority of it on black Friday. If I were contracted by the movie studios to organize the release dates of their movies, I would have released Mall Cop on 11/26/08 instead of Four Christmases and then put Four Christmases out on 12/5/08 when the biggest release was Punisher: War Zone.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop wasn't terrible. It is rated PG so it's clean humor for the entire family. In my opinion it's virtually impossible to make a live action PG family comedy that's original and sharp. While Mall Cop didn't disprove my theory, it was much better than I thought it would be.

No comments: