Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Be Kind Rewind

Yes, but only because it's already out of theatres.

Be Kind, Rewind was released in theatres on 2/22/08 and on Blu-ray and DVD on 6/17/08.

This movie didn't get a huge release, and with good reason... it weird. I think the weirdest thing about it is that the main characters in the movie are renting VHS tapes at their store. The story wouldn't really work with DVDs, but if they wanted to do it, they should have set the movie earlier, like in the mid-late 1990's when DVD was still in it's infancy. The fact that someone is trying to rent Rush Hour 2 on VHS is just weird to me since VHS was already pretty much obsolete when it became available for home viewing.

It seemed like it was gonna be a really good movie until one of the characters gets electrocuted and you actually see the cartoonish electricity flowing through him. After that, it got fun again. They began remaking the movies that people were trying to rent and some of their interpretations were pretty funny.

Jack Black was Jack Black and Mos Def was pretty good. The story kind of developed into more than just a comedy about a couple of screw-ups trying to fix an enormous blunder, and became a story about acceptance of the end of an era.

Be Kind, Rewind is a strong rental, but if I had reviewed this while it was in theatres, I might not have been able to recommend it.

No comments: