Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Hancock

eh... no.

I mean this review is kinda late for such a huge release, so if you've seen it you probably know what I'm talking about. If you haven't already seen it, you may as well wait till its available from Netflix or on demand.

This movie was missing something. I can't quite put my finger on what it is other than to say it lacked substance. It felt like an empty shell of a film. Will Smith played the role exactly as it should have been played as did Jason Bateman. I guess Charlize Theron was fine.

The director tried to make the movie more serious than it was. The shaky-cam effect didn't suit the movie, it was like they were filming an indie drama. The short running time was padded with too many overly dramatic group therepy scenes. The soundtrack was weird and the orchestral score wasn't quite epic enough. There was no real villain and even the backstory was unclear.

I was entertained, but the whole time I was watching, I was waiting for something more, and whatever it was, it never came.

No comments: