Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

The Ruins

Uhh... no...

The Ruins was released in theatres on 4/4/08 and on Blu-ray and DVD on 7/8/08.

I mean, if it weren't as gory as it is, I might be able to recommend it. This is some of the most uncomfortable gore. Maybe because it's mostly self inflicted. The characters are constantly trying to help each other (with each others permission) and all it does is kill the person and make matters worse the survivors.

The cast is fine. It doesn't take much acting to convince someone that you're grossed out by a meaty, bloody prosthetic. The story is fine, but nothing overly scary happened in it. Since there weren't a lot of scares they filled it in with gore... and it was just way too gory. Let me give you with an example of what I'm talking about: an amputation is shown in broad daylight. The tools that were used: a big rock to break the bone, a hunting knife to cut the flesh, and a scalding frying pan to cauterize the wound. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie.

No comments: