Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Ghost Town

Umm... yeah.

Ghost Town was exactly what I expected it to be. It's a nice, unoriginal feel good, message movie, in which Ricky Gervais is brilliant. Tea Leone is fine, and Greg Kinnear is adequate. The direction left a lot to be desired, but then, it was directed by the writer of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (ugh, I hate that guy.)

The writing was pretty average, the best moments were when Gervais seemed to be improvising. He's just a very talented, hysterically funny comedian.

It's scary; I get home from work and see that my neighbors are sitting out on their front porch or stoop and I sit in my car and pretend to be on the phone until they go inside. I don't really like people, as a rule. I like my family and friends, but I don't make small talk and so I avoid strangers at all costs. I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as a troglodyte... introvert, maybe or mildly anti-social. I hate when I'm standing in line and someone starts to talk to me. I hate being "forced" to meet new people, at parties, at work, at bars, whatever. I'm not sure what it is. It might be laziness, maybe it's low self-esteem or bad self image... or maybe I just think the person will most likely be a douche. In that respect I can definitely relate with Gervais' character. He's kind of an idiot, though, and a little bit prickish towards the beginning of the movie... I don't think I fit those categories, but I could be wrong.

The movie plays out pretty much as expected. I really liked the take on the idea of "unfinished business", I'm pretty sure there has never been a movie that twisted that concept like Ghost Town does. While it wasn't as funny as I would have liked it to be, it was entertaining and is definitely worth a look.

No comments: