Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Young @ Heart

uhh... yeah, i suppose.

Young @ Heart was released in theatres on 4/18/08 and on DVD on 9/16/08.

Ok so... there are now 6 movies that have made my eyes moist. Honestly this time I think it's just because I'm tired and it's the first time that I actually listened to the words to "Fix You" by Coldplay. What a sad and beautiful song.

I don't think I'm spoiling much when I say that the full chorus doesn't make it all the way to the end of the documentary. Fuck, the group's average age is over 80, there was no way that they would all make it. My question is, if they had filmed the movie a year, or two, or three earlier... do members of the chorus die every season? They all say that the deceased would have wanted them to carry on and that they all have said that if they drop dead in the middle of the concert, to drag them off the stage and keep going. FUCK THAT!!! When I die I want everything to stop. I just fuckin died, GRIEVE ME!

Young @ Heart is the epitome of my biggest fear. In the wise words of Armageddon, "I don't want to miss a thing". Now that I know how Harry Potter ends, all I'm really living for is to find out what's going on on Lost... then I can RIP. These people are living to sing. Whenever anyone in the film finds out that they might not make it to the performance, they are completely heartbroken; the life is, literally, sucked out of them. It's awful to see and scary to think about.

Now that all of the emotional crap is out of the way, let's get down to business. The chorus sucks. Imagine being forced to sit through an elementary school concert of kids you don't know. Once you finally got your pedophilia under control, you'd be rather bored. What makes it worse is that these people have lived long enough to know better.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have a chorus and perform concerts, but to tour Europe and film a documentary? The people who are benefiting financially are really just exploiting the chorus members' old, cuteness... and it's not cute to me. Throughout the movie, I kept having visions of them complaining about the temperature and the ticket price. No matter how many time I clean it, the bathroom is always disgusting... ugh, seniors (except my grandma, I love my grandma.)

No comments: