Tell Me What You Think...

... of my review, AND of the movie I reviewed.

So???? - Do you think I'm spot on with my review or do you think I'm way off base? Let me know by checking "You are correct, sir" or "You are an idiot."

You can also give the movie a 'star' rating. Let me know how you thought of the film by rating it yourself! Just give a 1,2,3,4, or 5 star review. As always, feel free to leave your mark in the comments for each entry.

Tell the world about my site! You can now link to any of my review by choosing one of the social media buttons at the bottom of each post!

Nim's Island

Should you see it? No. Should your kids see it? Sure, why not.

Nim's Island was released in theatres on 4/4/08 and on DVD and Blu-ray on 8/5/08.

As far as family adventure stories go, Nim's Island wasn't bad. There's been far worse kiddie fare released this year (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and I'm sure there is still some crap to come (Beverly Hills Chihuahua). It does not, however even come close to the standards of Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Horton Hears a Who, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. In my rankings of this years movies, I put Nim's Island just below Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Spiderwick Chronicles.

Because it's a kids movie, and I suppose the source material didn't help with this, the directors feel that they have to rely on animal humor. Nim's friends, Fred the Lizard, Galileo the Pelican, and Selki the Seal all convey human emotions with noises and movements. They also help ward off unwanted guests, and clean up and rebuild after a storm. Also, it was kind of disappointing, as an adult, to know that Nim and her dad are living on a volcanic island, and the volcano never erupts. I assumed that, in the end, they would need to leave the island when it erupted and then go back and pick up the pieces.

If you're looking for something to watch with your kids, you could do much better than Nim's Island, but you won't be bored out of your skull.

No comments: